Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Clydes, Gallery Place, Washington DC

We went to Clyde’s of Gallery Place for Father’s Day and we were not disappointed. Yes, I know Father’s Day was quite some time ago, but those Lavatory Kids have been keeping this lady quite busy. I have been “off” of Clyde’s over the last couple of years because the one closest to me (Alexandria at Mark Center) is atrocious. I have tried to like it because Annandale is not exactly a hot spot for foodies, but to no avail. DC is only a 10 minute drive and worth every mile. At any rate, the Clyde’s name has been redeemed with our Father’s day visit.
I have to admit I am doing this post based on memory as I was busy keeping the my two year old entertained while making sure my 5 year old was not joining his uncle in sticking straws up his nose (I’m sure I misinterpreted the scene, but that’s what it looked like to me).
The restaurant is still fairly new and well decorated. I had no idea the place was so huge on the inside. There were a total of 10 of us and not one complaint about the food. Believe me people, this is rare!! The bathroom was lovely, again, I was trying to keep my 2 year old from crawling under stalls, but it was very clean and decorated nicely. There were large round mirrors on the walls behind the sinks. The stalls were roomy and the last was enormous with a changing station. The soap was upgraded and the water pressure was very good. There were fresh flowers on the sink. The hand towels were plentiful, but they were stacked on the decorative tray on the sink. I am not a big fan of stacking as they could easily fall over and cause a huge mess. Nice bathroom, we’ll be back.

No comments: