Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Macy's, Pentagon City Mall, Arlington, VA - VIDEO!


Macy's is at one end of the Pentagon City Mall and Nordstrom's is at the other end. It's a perfect way to describe their bathrooms as well because they are on the opposite end of The Lavatory Lady's scales. I walked towards the bathroom with my urine filled 5 year old in tow, past the customer service desk and the pretty little gift bags. I did not need to ask anyone where the bathroom was because not only have I been there before, but I could smell it from several feet way. This is not starting out well. The first stall we entered was too dirty for him to use and the lock on the door was broken. Once he came out of the stall the next big issue was finding a sink where the faucet would work. There were 8 (I think) sinks and only 5 of them were fully operable! What the hell?! There were paper towels, soap and a trashcan, blah, blah. OK, they attempted to make a lounge area a la Nordstrom’s. I took a picture of it and it turned out like crap, but hey so did their attempt at a lounge so maybe I'll post it anyway. The broke down Nordstrom's wanna be lounge had a stained couch with fabric hanging off it, the table had part of the wood veneer missing with the raw wood showing and the area rug was FILTHY! Macy's, use some of the profits from your $50 t-shirts to clean your bathroom and upgrade the lounge. There is no excuse for your restrooms being in this condition. Get it together.


UPDATE: I won't post the picture, I think I'll take the video camera in tomorrow and attempt to film it.
UPDATE 2 - I have unedited video, don't ask, I think it's a Vista thing.
UPDATE 3 - I finally figured out how to get the actual video on the Blog!

No comments: