Tuesday, May 8, 2007

McDonalds, Duke St and Lincolnia, Alexandria, VA

A couple of weeks ago, I was coming down with the flu, my husband had a meeting and my childreen needed dinner. I let them choose where we would have dinner that evening (they're 2 and 5) and of course we ended up at Mickey D's. I've never been inside this particular one (I'd done drive-thru). It's not fine dining by any stretch and I wasn't expecting a lot but what I got was an eye opener. ACK!!! is the only way to describe the entire facility! The walk from the door to the counter was the only clean area. The drink area was a mess..napkins everywhere, spilled drinks and ice all over the place. Yes, I should have left, but the flu made me search for a clean table instead. Believe me, it was a challenge. Then of course the 5 year old says the dreaded words "I need to go potty". We already had our food, which I was not ABOUT to take into the restroom and I couldn't leave it outside all by itself. I dragged the highchair to the door, kept the food in sight and stood by the ladies room door while my 5 year old went inside. I didn't get a chance to go inside and do a "formal rating" and there was no need. The odor that hit me while I propped the door open was not created by a person; it was a combination of lack of cleaning and possibly a sewage problem. This was inexcusable under any circumstance, but they were not even busy! Aside from us, there were only 2 other patrons and tons of staff behind the counter yakking to one another. I will NEVER go here again...they should be ashamed of themselves.

No comments: