Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Penang, 19th Street, Washington, DC - CLOSED



I have been interested in going to Penang for quite some time and I finally made it today!! Unfortunately, I will never go back. The bathroom was atrocious. I was off to a good start when I saw it was unisex. This is good because if a bathroom is open, you're in luck regardless of your gender. The good feelings ended the moment the smell of urine hit me in the face. No excuse, that's just a bathroom that has not been cleaned. The paper all over the floor was yet another indication and if that was enough there was some kind of black crude between the sink and the wall. The soap dispenser was leaking, there was no toilet paper and the trashcan was horribly filthy. Just bad, bad, bad. To add insult to injury, at least in my opinion, there were hardly any customers. The two people I encountered were watching a basketball game, so the condition of the bathroom just simply is not a priority. Shame on you Penang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty terrible. But, you should probably add the bathrooms at Dan's Cafe (Adam's Morgan) and the Brickskeller to your list of bad bathrooms. I've been a lot of restaurants here in DC, and these two are by far the worst.