Sunday, May 20, 2007

Safeway, 401 M Street SW, Washington, DC












The picture says enough, really it does. Grocery store bathrooms continue to amaze and disappoint me. This little "locker area" was inside the ladies room in the back of a Safeway down on the waterfront. I was required to walk through some doors and go way back into a storage area and past a very dirty breakroom to get to the ladies room. Ack! As you can imagine, the toilet, floors, sinks and mirrors all needed cleaning. There was a fully stocked paper towel dispenser and an open trashcan that needed emptying. Inside the stall, was a plunger out in the open, which leads me to believe the toilet clogs often (shocker). I'm trying to think of something to say that's positive, but it's not working. OH WAIT, I KNOW! I don't wear false eyelashes, but if I did, there was a nice set waiting for me on the sink. They looked pretty stiff, maybe they use them to tendorize the meat. I guess I'll never know because you can bet your last penny I will not shop here and it's a shame there are other people who have no choice. Clean up your act Safeway!