Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Occidental, Washington, DC, Pennsylvania Ave.

I loved this bathroom!! With the exception of something odd going on with the sink, it was quite nice. The walls and the floor were all marble and there was not a drop of water or stray paper in sight. The faucets and plumbing were all gold plated and fading a bit but that's not such a big deal. The hand towels were in a free standing holder and were thick, sturdy and towel-like. The facial tissues were in a separate container so that in the event you have to wipe your nose, it won't get ripped from your face in the process. I'm sure you know what I mean as most paper towels are not nose friendly. There were lots of mirrors everywhere and they were completely spotless. The soap was thick, nicely scented and in a separate dispenser that was free of soap goo. Now for that oddity I mentioned earlier. There was only one handle for the water and therefore no distinguishing hot and cold. Now for me the water was great, it was forceful and very warm and left my hands very clean, but a more sensitive person may have found the water too warm. Overall I loved it and not only that, the bartender refused to charge me for my club soda with lime.

No comments: