Tuesday, May 29, 2007

RFD's, 7th Street, Washington, DC


Slap my face and call me Shaniqua; there is a beer place with every kind of beer imaginable. This post is dedicated to Mr. Lavatory Man as this is his kind of place. They even had plasmas on the wall showing nothing but sports. . The selection of beers was mind numbing to me. The flavors ranged from Strawberry (ewww) to Extra Special bitter (double ewww). The names were equally as interesting; for example: Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale and Smutty Nose just name a couple. I chose to sample the Rogue Dead Guy Ale, mainly because of the name. I’m not much of a beer drinker, but I rather liked this Ale. It was red in color so it wasn’t watery in nature, yet not as heavy as a Killian’s Red. Quite a few people were there drinking bear in the middle of the work day. Yes, I was at work too but considering there is alcohol in the suite refrigerator, I have no qualms about a little Dead Guy ale during lunch. As usual, the bartender was very nice (I don’t think I’ve met a bartender I didn’t like). I chose the tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich. Excellent choice! The tomato soup was creamy and spicy/sweet and was perfect for dipping my sourdough grilled cheese on an 80 degree day. The bread was thick, crunchy, buttery and full of gooey American cheese. So much for my all salad lunch, but I rather enjoyed it and this my friends is where the good feeling ended. A quick stop to the restroom greeted me with a stall missing its door. That is unforgivable, why not just install a pole and sell tickets to the show. The other stall was dark and so small that a good sized woman would not be able to get in and close the door unless she stood atop the toilet. There were seat cover holders, but no seat covers to use in two of the three stalls. I can’t imagine what this place is like when it’s full of beer drinkers, who will have to go many times throughout the evening. The stall I went into did have toilet paper, but it was in such an awkward place I needed to lean over with my head on the floor and reach back with my left hand to grab some. Life is so hard for women in bad bathrooms. The place gets thumbs up, but the bathrooms really need some work.

No comments: